Me

Me

Monday, April 19, 2010

Laura & Tim's engagement session...



Meeting new clients for the first time is still a bit intimidating for me. You never know quite what you are going to get. Some book you...some don't. Some you REALLY click with...those are the ones that usually book you and some not so much.

I got my first email from Laura back on March 25th. It's always exciting for me when I get an email titled "new client inquiry" cause I never know what adventure it holds for me!

From the first email between Laura and I, I knew she was a sweet soul. :-) And from the emails we have exchanged back and forth since then, I knew I was going to like her. Emails can sometimes make a person come off unlike they would in person, not with Laura.

I met with Laura and her fiance Tim today in Prescott for their engagement shoot. It was the first time I had met either one of them since they booked me to shoot their Wedding in July.

You always wonder to yourself when meeting new people..."Will they like me"?

Pretty much from the moment Tim and Laura spoke to me, I knew we were a good match. Tim made a joke about not wearing a dress to match Laura and it lightened my mood very quickly. Hilarious!! :-)

For being 4 PM the sun was shinning pretty brightly so I asked them if they wanted to go talk about the Wedding while we waited for the sun to cool down just a bit.

I have a very relaxed approach to the way I am and my photography...I always say "All I need are two flip flops and my camera!" And Laura and Tim have a very relaxed way about them as well. They are the perfect clients for me.



We started the shoot behind The Palace. It's a great place to shoot, if you follow my work you will recognize it.



I love the way that Laura and Tim joked with each other. Those are some of my most favorite moments captured...when couples make each other laugh. It reminds you of why they are together in the first place.


We moved around the back allies behind St. Michael's and then Laura spotted a neat mustard yellow colored wall across the street.


I had laid in my bed last night, unable to sleep and I kept thinking of new ideas I wanted to try at this session. One of the ideas I had was to create a photo that told a story of a couple's love stopping traffic. As if nothing else in the world mattered to them but to kiss at that very moment, no matter what was going on around them. I proposed the idea to Laura and Tim and they were all for it! It took a couple tries but I think we did a great job!




We spent the last half hour of our short time together at some of my favorite spots in the back allies of Prescott. Laura had mentioned she liked color and when I said "Do you like red?" she got excited and said "YES!" so I knew just the spot to take them.



I really enjoyed this session with Laura and Tim today and I am very much looking forward to their Wedding in July. They are a wonderful couple and a joy to be around! Thank you both for inviting me into your lives to capture your love!

1 comment: