Me

Me

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hunter James...my new Nephew.

April 1, 2010
7:15 am
I'm sitting in the waiting room on the 2nd floor of Yavapai Regional Medical center...my Stepmom is talking to my Sister Carraine, my Dad is reading a story to my 3 year old Nephew Tyler. As I look around I start to get a little emotional..big surprise...I remember just about 3 years ago sitting in that same chair waiting for Tyler to be born. Now, about 3 years later, I was sitting there waiting for my new Nephew.

This time was a bit different...I was not as nervous as I was with Tyler. After all it was my first time being an Auntie...I'm a seasoned pro now! :-)


When Tyler was born, my Papa and I had decided to go down to the cafeteria to get some coffee and we got a call from my Stepmom Linda saying that Tyler was here. I swear Lulah had only gone into the OR about 15 minutes before we went downstairs. I could not believe Tyler had been born so quickly! This time I swore I would not miss the song the hospital plays when babies are born and I would not miss seeing Hunter for the first time with my family.

April 1, 2010
7:40 am
"This is taking forever...what is wrong". I kept telling myself this over and over and over as it seemed Lulah was in the OR for hours. (I think it was only like an hour). Tyler was playing my Papa's Nintendo, Carraine was talking to my Papa and my Stepmom Jill was pacing the floor...when Lulah had Tyler she was in Europe so she was a bit more nervous then the rest of us were. Still...it was taking forever and Tyler came so quickly last time so even I was starting to get a bit nervous.


April 1, 2010
7:45 am
Tyler and I were waiting and waiting at the window. It was so neat to see his excitement about being a Brother. Tyler is used to being the center of attention in our family so we worked really hard to try and prepare him for his new baby Brother to come. We waited and waited and then finally...there was Daniel walking in with Hunter! "My Brother's here...he's here!"

Everyone ran up to the window to see baby Hunter! Of course I started to cry. It's really hard to take photos one; when your crying, two; through that stupid glass! LOL


Wait...they didn't play the song!!! So for 3 years I've been waiting to hear the hospital play the baby song when one of my family had another child and they don't play the song!! What the heck! LOL






What a moving moment to see Tyler, my Stepmom (crying of course), my Papa and Carraine see Hunter James for the first time. Cherished family memories! I could not wait to get in to see Lulah though. I was worried about her. Come to find out the reason it took so long was that she had a lot of scar tissue from when she has Tyler.

April 1, 2010
8:30 am
Finally I get to see my Sister! She didn't look so good to be honest. She was all puffy, drugged up and pale as a ghost! Which of course worried me, cause I tend to worry a lot. We all took turns passing baby Hunter around, Grandpa (my Papa) was first of course. The nurse asked "Who wants to hold him first" and my Papa says "Grandpa is first!" hahahaa



This moment reminded me of 3 years ago when my Papa held Tyler Dean for the first time...I will never forget what he said to him..."I've been waiting to meet you". It was so cute! I get tears thinking of it to this day...
This is a photo of that very moment, about 3 years ago when my Dad held Tyler for the first time...


Carraine holding Hunter for the first time...



Carraine holding Tyler for the first time, 9-1-06...


Me holding Hunter for the first time...this photo is hilarious. I'm crying my eyes out.


Me holding Tyler Dean for the firs time...



Tyler holding Hunter for the first time...



Words can't express the emotions I go through when I see that photo of Tyler and his baby Brother. It means the world to me!

I'm so proud of my Sister...she went through so much pain to bring these beautiful boys into our lives. My Papa's Grandkids are his life. These boys are our lives. :-)


Tyler Dean...1 hour old.




Hunter James...1 hour old.



Lulah with Tyler...1 hour old...9-1-06



Lulah with Hunter...1 hour old...4-1-10



My family means the world to me. I'm so grateful that I can take photos we will cherish for the rest of our lives!

I love you!

BTW...they finally played "rockabye baby" about 15 mins. after Hunter first came into the nursery. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment