Me

Me

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Miss Arizona USA 2010, Brittany Bell

Brittany Bell is one of those women that walks into a room and lights it up with her smile. The girl is gorgeous but her beauty is more than just something you see with your eyes. It's something you feel in your soul. The first time I met Brittany was at a CMC shoot in Prescott. Poor girl was in heels and we had to walk a trail to our location. I remember her trying to carry her suitcase full of wardrobe in her high heels down this dirt trail...the whole time laughing and having a good time.

As a photographer of course her looks made me want to shoot her, but once I started to talk to her more I wanted to be sure to shoot her, so I snatched her up from all the other CMC photographers as quickly as I could. LOL

From the moment we started working together something just clicked. And we made magic. To this day this photo of Brittany is one of my most popular, I get more comments on it than most photos...and she loved it so that makes me very happy!


After a CMC shoot I try to keep in touch with our models or follow them on Facebook and to my surprise the next thing I knew Brittany Bell had won the Miss Arizona USA 2010 padgeant! I was so proud of her! We all were. But at the same time I was not too surprised...

Brittany is just that kind of person, where you just know she has a good soul.

I was contacted by Brittany in December about doing a shoot with her and Tori Vance Miss Arizona Teen USA 2010. At first I was kind of shocked that Brittany wanted to shoot with me again. I mean after all...she was now MISS ARIZONA USA 2010. I was so flattered and excited!!

I knew for this shoot I had to pull out the big guns...that's right Joel...I just called you big guns. :-) So I invited my good friend Joel Contreras to shoot with us.

We started shooting in downtown Prescott and worked our way through the back allies. We had a great time together. Brittany was a ray of light as always and Tori was funny and a joy to work with.


The photo above of the girls in their crown & title and their sparkelie dresses against that red wall, is one of my favorite photos ever!

An idea I've had for as long as I can remember, (thought it was original LOL) was to put models in formal dresses and shoot them in a laundromat...

I put the idea to the girls and Joel and they all loved it, so we headed over to The Cleaning Machine on Gurley St. in Prescott.

We had such a blast! Joel rocked the lighting and the girls rocked the poses.




This photo of Brittany is also one of my all time faves!

I can't say enough good things about Brittany Bell...what a great person she is...what a kind heart she has and what a pleasure it is to photograph her. She makes my job very easy!

She's gracious and that smile can light up the world!

Please join me in supporting Brittany!

Vote for her by voting 5 stars on the Miss USA web site at:

Fan her on Facebook...
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=188765504502&ref=ts
http://www.facebook.com/#!/MissArizonaUSA2010?ref=ts
http://www.facebook.com/#!/missarizonausa


Brittany does a lot of charity work and I can pretty much assure you she doesn't just do it because she should...she does it cause she TRULY cares about people!

Support Brittany Bell for Miss USA!!!

Thank you for having faith in me Brittany...it truly touches my soul!







3 comments:

  1. You are so talented. Your fashion work really inspires me. I'm so proud of you, your growth and your strength. We have a challenging field that we are in but a beautiful field no less.

    Lucky you got to photograph her! She is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that last picture. it totally screams fashion! Good luck to her, and EXCELLENT work from you =0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK. So, I know this young woman personally. Brittany Bell. Wow. Wow to Brittany, because I can feel her smile in a room before I turn to see her. Wow to you, Marisa, for your blog. You wax poetic about our friend, & she deserves every exuberant exclamation! Marisa, just as your photography captures the essence of the subject - at that moment in time, so does your prose capture the essence of Brittany Bell in quite exquisite fashion. Well said. :}

    ReplyDelete