Me

Me

Monday, April 12, 2010

The bond between photographer and clients...

First of all...let me say. I'm not so good at this blogging thing. :-)

Last Saturday I had the pleasure of working with one of my favorite clients, Meghan and her kids!

I started working with Meghan when she was pregnant with her Daughter Allysa. Meghan had a unique vision for her maternity photos and I took it and ran with it. We had a blast working together and bonded during the process.

Here is what Meghan had to say after her maternity session...
"This is my second pregnancy and I didn't have many photographs taken with my first and have come to regret that, so this time around I wanted to make sure to have some taken. I came to Marisa with several ideas and she was able to not only "capture" the essence of what I was looking for but she went above and beyond my expectations. From the moment the shoot began Marisa made both myself and my 6 year old feel comfortable which allowed us to be ourselves. Marisa made me feel "pretty while pregnant" and the photographs will be cherished forever....I would recommend her to anyone and can't wait to have her take our family photo's with our new baby girl."




It's hard to put into words what happens between a photographer and her subjects...how a bond is created, just by taking photos. The moments that I share with my clients become more than just work for me...they become cherished memories in my heart. I feel blessed that my clients keep coming back to me capture their most treasured moments in life. I get teary and choked up when I think about it and how much it means to not only my clients, but to me.

I have been blessed to have Meghan and her beautiful children in my life. On the day of Allysa's birth I was invited just a few hours after she was welcomed into the world to capture these most precious moments...I will never forget seeing this new baby girl with her family.




Over the past year (almost) I have watched not only Allysa grow but also her big Brother Kohl...it has been a beautiful experience for me as a photographer to watch these kids grow up. I was blessed once again to capture Meghan and her children in a family portrait session. It warms my heart to see the interaction between Kohl and his baby Sister and Meghan as a Mother...it's simply beautiful.




Last Saturday I was yet again blessed to work with Meghan and her kids (Kohl was my assistant for the session)...this time it was for Allysa's 1st Birthday portraits. The experience of knowing that Meghan trusts me to capture the most special moments in her and her children's lives warms my heart and obviously makes me all sentimental. Hahhaa. So much so it caused me to blog about it. Again it's hard for me to put into words what I'm feeling right now...just knowing that this family trusts me and welcomes me into their lives, the way that they do.





Next month is Allysa's birthday party...and guess who gets to photograph it!! Thank you for your continued support Meghan...it means so much more to me than I can put into words!

Thank you to all my past, present and future clients for welcoming me into your lives and sharing your most special moments with me. It truly warms my soul!

~ Marisa

2 comments:

  1. No fair you made me cry.....we're both saps! I love you hun, and am so happy to not only have you as my photographer but also my friend....you're amazing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I was sobbing so yea we are both big saps. That's okay. I like us the way we are! And I think your pretty amazing yourself! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete